After alfie boe cruise I have just booked my next cruise on the ventura 7 nights venice to genoa. I am really looking forward to it in one way but its a new ship for me so hopefully we will like it, most people I have spoken to say its the same as azura in design, does anyone else know the ship and what it's like?  My friends tell me that there used to be a spanish bar on board and that this has now been changed but they didn;t know what its changed to, does anyone know??? 

Guest Solent Richard

After alfie boe cruise I have just booked my next cruise on the ventura 7 nights venice to genoa. I am really looking forward to it in one way but its a new ship for me so hopefully we will like it, most people I have spoken to say its the same as azura in design, does anyone else know the ship and what it's like?  My friends tell me that there used to be a spanish bar on board and that this has now been changed but they didn;t know what its changed to, does anyone know??? 

Good morning Showgirl.

This could be your lucky day, I have just finished my Ventura review on the same itinerary as you are heading.

You can read it here...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/06/09/ventura-a-perfect-fly-cruise-med-break/

As you will tell, we had a great time.

14324416873_4b914d1f1f_z.jpg

i have eaten in the White room on 2 seperate occasions, first time was in the Med when Marco himself was on board and the second time was in the Caribbean, i was interested to know if i would get the same level of service and standard of food as i had had when Marco was on board. i can confirm i was very impressed on both occasions and would book it again in a flash :) 

I have just come back off the Ventura, went to the White Room twice, both on the formal nights. It was a really beautiful evening, staff are very polite, ambience is lovely.  It was a very hot evening so quite a few couples were eating outside on the private veranda. The food was gorgeous and very filling. I definitely recommend it, worth every penny :)

I also enjoyed East, crème brulee to die for :wub:

Does anyone know of a good hotel at birmingham airport

The Novotel is handy but expensive. There is a travelodge (or maybe another similar name but one of the newer low-cost chains) a very short distance away on A45. Only open a year or two so still fresh.

We are doing the same cruise as a back to back in August. Looking forward to it -  let us know how you get on.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from ventura on 7 night cruise venice to genoa, it was fabulous absolutely perfect.  The ports very scenic, super. Just to let you know about the speciality restaurants, we went to east restaurant and it was superb, cover charge £15pp really worth it. Very relaxing enviroment, good service and food to die for.   We also went to the white room it was nice but not extra special.  The glasshouse we had a lunch in there and that was very good indeed and worthwhile a visit.  I loved the ventura and will hope to cruise on her again in the not too distant future

Hello,showgirl.I am pleased you enjoyed Ventura,I think it was the same cruise as someone we know has just returned from.He also spoke very highly of the ship and the itinery.

P and O seem to have one up on Cunard as you have to collect your own luggage from the carousel and take it to the coach.

Rodger.