I have been looking at cruises for 2015 and have heard alot about Celebrity Cruises, Would anybody recommend them?

Me & my Husband like to feel relaxed onboard, we will be going on our first cruise this year with P&O, are they similar?

Are celebrity more relaxed or do people find they are more formal? We also like the idea of modern ships rather than the classics...

What do you all think of Celebrity?

Hi Rita, Celebrity are a great cruise line, their ships are lovely and the service on board was excellent when I last sailed with them.  If you like the idea of more modern ships then Celebrity's solstice class in particular would be ideal.  The ships are very modern but with many warm touches about them and the food on board was fantastic.  

Hi  Both are high density products so don't expect any real attentive personal service.  The food onboard Celebrity Cruises is better fare than that served on P&O.  The big let down in the main dining room with Celebrity is that the tables are packed in like sardines.  When Celebrity first started the tables were much less dense, In fact they used to bring a dessert triolly around to help you select your "pud".  You didn't specifically mention whether you are looking for a formal or relaxed atmosphere.  If you want a relaxed informal cruise then neither are going to tick every box.  RCI the parent comapny of Celebrity do offer an informal cruise experience with their cruise line Azamara (offering attentive service and improved dining). However, if you are looking a cheap, 24/7 activity filled vacation and not too fussed about the dining then Celebrity will meet all your requirements but if you wish to experience a more refined product you will have to look to other copmpanies.

I absolutely love Celebrity, and have sailed three times with them now.  They have formal nights (3 on a 14 nights cruise) and other nights you can be more relaxed in trousers and a shirt.  The food is very good, and if you want a treat the food in Murano is outstanding.

The ships (especially the newer Solstice-class ships, including Eclipse if you sail from the UK) are modern, bright, and airy.  The rooms are wonderful and (again on the S-class ships) the bathrooms have big showers with glass enclosures - no shower curtains!

I live-blogged all three of my cruises with plenty of photos of the ships and food, so if you want to get a sneak peek just have a look and it might give you an idea if Celebrity are for you or not:

http://duncanwrites.co.uk

You can see each cruise in order by using the 'trip blogs' menu at the top.  Click on which one you want and you'll see all posts from that cruise in chronological order.

I absolutely love Celebrity, and have sailed three times with them now.  They have formal nights (3 on a 14 nights cruise) and other nights you can be more relaxed in trousers and a shirt.  The food is very good, and if you want a treat the food in Murano is outstanding.

The ships (especially the newer Solstice-class ships, including Eclipse if you sail from the UK) are modern, bright, and airy.  The rooms are wonderful and (again on the S-class ships) the bathrooms have big showers with glass enclosures - no shower curtains!

I would thoroughly recommend them.  I live-blogged all three of my cruises with plenty of photos of the ships and food, so if you want to get a sneak peek just have a look:

http://duncanwrites.co.uk

You can see each cruise in order by using the 'trip blogs' menu at the top.  Click on which one you want and you'll see all posts from that cruise in chronological order.

Hi  I don't think anybody can recommend a cruise line for anybody given the information Rita 123 gave.  We don't even know whether the person likes a casual or a formal cruise ambience, they may even wish to have a 24/7 party atomsphere for all we know.  I have no doubt you and plenty of other cruisers enjoy the Celebrity experience but "one size" does not suit every cruiser.

Hi  I don't think anybody can recommend a cruise line for anybody given the information Rita 123 gave.  We don't even know whether the person likes a casual or a formal cruise ambience, they may even wish to have a 24/7 party atomsphere for all we know.  I have no doubt you and plenty of other cruisers enjoy the Celebrity experience but "one size" does not suit every cruiser.

You're quite right Land Ahoy.  I should know better, and have made the same comment you just made on previous threads.

That's why I posted my write-up about it, in the hope that the photos and descriptions help Rita decide whether or not the Celebrity experience is right for her.

Edit:  I've also edited my original post to better reflect this.

Hi Duncan, based on the question "what do you think of Celebrity Cruises?" Your response definitely answered Rita's question.  There's nothing wrong with a personal recommendation and I also think you're absolutely spot on.  I found Celebrity Cruises fantastic.

Rita - I would recommend looking at Duncan's blogs, they are very informative and helpful when looking for advice on Celebrity.