Hi I was wondering what people with children tend to do with toddlers? my child is 3 years and hardly ever use a pushchair, but was wondering if it would be worth taking on a cruise? Advise needed.would people recommend to take or just waste of luggage? also does the pushchair go in with your luggage to cabin or do u carry on board? Thanks

Hi I was wondering what people with children tend to do with toddlers? my child is 3 years and hardly ever use a pushchair, but was wondering if it would be worth taking on a cruise? Advise needed.would people recommend to take or just waste of luggage? also does the pushchair go in with your luggage to cabin or do u carry on board? Thanks

A tricky one!

We took a break from our cruising until our younger child was 4 so it was never a problem for us!  I wouldn't have thought that you would need it around the ship, but others may have different thoughts.

If your child only uses it rarely then you will have the dilemma of whether to take it with you when you leave the ship even though nobody would be riding in it.  Of course the one day that you leave it behind will be the one day that you need it! 

If it was me, if your child does not really use it, then I think I'd leave it at home.

Yeah thanks for that advice. I think I will leave it at home. we never use it at home even when out and about, but was just thinking for any late nights. But to be honest no overnights on my cruise anyway so this wont be a problem. I think because I have cruised before but not with children I am over thinking things ha ha! Thanks Guys

Yeah thanks for that advice. I think I will leave it at home. we never use it at home even when out and about, but was just thinking for any late nights. But to be honest no overnights on my cruise anyway so this wont be a problem. I think because I have cruised before but not with children I am over thinking things ha ha! Thanks Guys

I see your point about eating ashore at night.  For evenings on the ship we have not had a problem with the youngest one falling asleep on a seat!  It was actually much easier to cruise with young children than I ever imagined it would be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took mine recently, but my son is not 2 yet so needed it a lot!

I still think I would take it , even at 3 as I'd rather have it and not need it, than not have it and need it!

There can be a lot of walking to do on a ship, and in the ports, and even sometimes just getting off the ship!