Aurora Refit December 2014

Guest shilly3191

Guest shilly3191

If as rumoured Aurora becomes child free and that they are replacing the card room with a XV11 restaurant and Cafe Bordeaux is to become a Glass House during the refit having recently sailed on Oriana and the problems we had in our cabin and problems around the ship I cannot help thinking that if this is true then it might be the end for Oriana. Cannot see P&O have the need for 4 ships all being adults only.

We were on the Aurora as part of the world cruise and were informed by one of the officers that it would remain a family friendly ship. However, we know that things often change. We did discuss the current difficulties of filling ships and how P&O would cope once the Brittania joined the fleet. The response was that ships were retained for 20 years and therefore, we could draw our own conclusions.

As the Oriana joined the fleet in 1995, we think that it is likely she will go in the not too distant future. One wonders which ship will then become their flagship.

Guest shilly3191

We were on the Aurora as part of the world cruise and were informed by one of the officers that it would remain a family friendly ship. However, we know that things often change. We did discuss the current difficulties of filling ships and how P&O would cope once the Brittania joined the fleet. The response was that ships were retained for 20 years and therefore, we could draw our own conclusions.

As the Oriana joined the fleet in 1995, we think that it is likely she will go in the not too distant future. One wonders which ship will then become their flagship.

The information I have stated was told to passengers on a very recent cruise aboard Aurora.

Guest shilly3191

Personally having just sailed on Oriana and the problems I encountered and IMO "tatty" state of her I would think that Oriana would be a ship very soon to be sold. Also noted that on most of the late deals the cheapest and most regular seem to be on Oriana so dont think she is selling well.

Personally having just sailed on Oriana and the problems I encountered and IMO "tatty" state of her I would think that Oriana would be a ship very soon to be sold. Also noted that on most of the late deals the cheapest and most regular seem to be on Oriana so dont think she is selling well.

I have to agree. We have just been on the Oriana . There were several cabins which suffered flooding and it really is shabby everywhere.

Guest shilly3191

If Oriana does go, I would love to sail on her again so I hope that P&O give some decent notice. I have only been on her once and loved the traditional feel which isn't present on the other ships but some of her facilities do look a tad out of date now.

IMO the whole ship looked tatty in March compared to other P&O ships and seem to have serious problems with water system throughout the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's hope Oriana goes.....sailed on her in 95/96/97/98 she was lovely apart from the noise from the props when in restaurant.....sailed on her last year just as noisy if not worse but after the alterations she has the most awful corkscrew rolling motion even in relatively calm seas....never again. Aurora all the way and let's hope adult only.

• 1 month later...