• 4 weeks later...

Luggage tags, well, I was initially thinking I could post some useful information on this form, I was reading your posts and though great I can help with this going green/going cheep issue.

I read the terms and conditions for registering for this forum, and was ok, but once signed up with user name Cruisetags, I realize the detailed post rules indicate no advertising. only reviews of products.

So this is my product review on Cruisetags (newly launched on Amazon UK)

I have been on 8 cruises RCCL x3, Celebrity x1, Princess x3, and Oceania x1 - and next one is June 1st with Oceania :D

Happily Oceania still provides nice luggage tags for their cruises - all the others now issue "paper - edocs"

We used Cruisetags for the other cruises, and they worked wonderfully - they stayed attached, and dry. They are also reusable. just search for Cruisetags on Amazon uk.

Cheers! 

now off to admin to change my user name    

Guest Solent Richard

Does anybody think that going green with P&O makes any impact on saving paper or is it to do with the company saving money on paper,

as when you go green the company saves paper but the customer does not !! ;) Ron

I don't think there is any doubt that it is cost saving measure but it is not just the cruise lines that promote the 'green' issue.

I get emails from all manner of companies I deal with including those i have a shareholding with and credit card companies - the latter extolling me to go paperless on a regular basis.

The fact is it not only saves companies paper bu also postage.

Didn't we have a thread on here only recently where a member didn't own a printer? I dread to think where I would be without a printer in this day and age. 

The bottom line has to be though that we have all, to varying degrees bought into the technological age and now we want to pick and choose our personal preferences.

Similarly we are all very happy to accept lower cruise pricing but apparently not accept a cruise company's lower costs.

It's a funny old world. 

Guest Solent Richard

Luggage tags, well, I was initially thinking I could post some useful information on this form, I was reading your posts and though great I can help with this going green/going cheep issue.

I read the terms and conditions for registering for this forum, and was ok, but once signed up with user name Cruisetags, I realize the detailed post rules indicate no advertising. only reviews of products.

So this is my product review on Cruisetags (newly launched on Amazon UK)

I have been on 8 cruises RCCL x3, Celebrity x1, Princess x3, and Oceania x1 - and next one is June 1st with Oceania :D

Happily Oceania still provides nice luggage tags for their cruises - all the others now issue "paper - edocs"

We used Cruisetags for the other cruises, and they worked wonderfully - they stayed attached, and dry. They are also reusable. just search for Cruisetags on Amazon uk.

Cheers! 

now off to admin to change my user name    

Like your style Cruisetags and I know what you mean about Oceania's ...

8738223926_97c76bff7b_z.jpg

Viking River Cruises are the same. In a nutshell you get what you pay for.

As a slight digression, you didn't say which Oceania ship you are going with. You may well wish to read my review of the Nautica...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/03/21/oceania-nautica-dawn-of-civilisation-cruise/

Have a nice day.

Richard.

PS. Having had a look at Amazon I believe I may have done business with you.

Hi Richard,

What a great review!! I have saved your Blog site, and can't wait to spend more time reading your journeys.

We are heading out of Barcelona on Riviera, we were on Marina last time, and choose a penthouse suite for this June.

We were booked on a Nautica for a cruise this fall, however my concern was the room size - so we opted for 2 weeks in Hawaii. We may do a UK cruise in 2015 as have to do some business in London. It was great to see the size of your penthouse - now I wouldn't hesitate to booking on Nautica (in a penthouse)

Cheers!!

(thanks for your business :))

Paul

Guest Solent Richard

Hi Richard,

What a great review!! I have saved your Blog site, and can't wait to spend more time reading your journeys.

We are heading out of Barcelona on Riviera, we were on Marina last time, and choose a penthouse suite for this June.

We were booked on a Nautica for a cruise this fall, however my concern was the room size - so we opted for 2 weeks in Hawaii. We may do a UK cruise in 2015 as have to do some business in London. It was great to see the size of your penthouse - now I wouldn't hesitate to booking on Nautica (in a penthouse)

Cheers!!

(thanks for your business :))

Paul

And thanks for your product. I've been very happy with the tags.

There are positives to go green.  I remember going on a cruise and my tickets were delayed in the post during the christmas period.  Don't have to worry about that anymore just download these myself.  Also you can book the excursions earlier than waiting for the booklet to arrive.  Times change and whether we like it or not this is the future.

I agree go green is great! No paperwork to lose and easily stored on email - I always ask for my invoice confirmation by email and know that if there were any problems in printing off my tickets then the agent I use would always print them off on my behalf.

Even better they also send out their own luggage labels which are more substantial than the paper ones that the cruise companies use!! :)