First time to the Caribbean!

Hi all,

I have just booked my first ever cruise (hurrah!) to Eastern Caribbean. We're starting out at Fort Lauderdale, moving onto Florida, Nassau, Bahamas, Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas Philipsburg, St. Maarten, then back to where we started.

Any tips on excursions or places to visit or eat while we're there?

Joe

Hi Joe!

Shirley Heights in St Maarten is always good, I was there on a Sunday when they had a band playing in the afternoon. Although if you with young ones it might be a little dull for them, as people mostly go there to admire the view.

People always rave about watching the planes land on the famous Maho beach which might be a little more entertaining! Not been myself as we chose to visit Shirley Heights, but people always rave about it.

If you can in St Thomas (and none of you are afraid of heights) you should definitely go to Paradise Point on the cable car!

Hi all,

I have just booked my first ever cruise (hurrah!) to Eastern Caribbean. We're starting out at Fort Lauderdale, moving onto Florida, Nassau, Bahamas, Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas Philipsburg, St. Maarten, then back to where we started.

Any tips on excursions or places to visit or eat while we're there?

Joe

Easy St Maarten - hire segways on the promenade $50 for two for a guided hour - he also takes you on the beach too - best to do this in the morning when less busy - Bahamas - follow the crowd to the beach only 15 mins walk round the bay - cool music loud loud DJ - Americans even dancing in the sea and buckets of beer for just $20 - best day ever!

• 2 months later...