Guest Lulucat

Why is that always the 'pat' answer dst87.   Some people are happy with P&O and would just like their shows improving - doesn't mean to say that they want to try Celebrity et al.    You like variety - me I like familiarity - I never do the shows, so they would all be absolutely fresh for me - but the chances of me going are very small !!  

Why is that always the 'pat' answer dst87.   Some people are happy with P&O and would just like their shows improving - doesn't mean to say that they want to try Celebrity et al.    You like variety - me I like familiarity - I never do the shows, so they would all be absolutely fresh for me - but the chances of me going are very small !!  

I just don't understand why someone would be unhappy with their cruise but continue to sail.  Nothing will change when people keep handing money over for a product they moan about.  I have no experience of P&O and plan to try them one day - I'm certainly not against P&O.

I just think if P&O's (or anyone else's) product is getting old or stale to someone, the most obvious thing to do is try someone else.  You might find someone you prefer, or might enjoy your subsequent P&O cruise even more!

Guest Lulucat

You are - you're remembering me could be a good or a bad thing :lol: .  

I don't really think that someone commenting about the entertainment means that they are unhappy with their cruise - I think that is taking a comment a step too far.

However, I do agree that a number of people complain all the time and then go back - to me that just shows that they like a good moan and they would do that even with something fresh and new sadly.

9 times out of 10 a person wouldn't have an idea what the entertainment was to be on a cruise until they get on a ship… Ok with P & O you always have the headliners but the rest can be subject to change at short notice anyway, even if it was to be advertised prior to the cruise setting sail. The only one that you had a chance of relying on is if it were to be a music cruise.

It's not a major problem for me, but having been on P&O, Celebrity and Princess I find it hard to tell them apart. Providing you like Barry Manilow, Abba and the Beatles I would say that you are well catered for. Having said that, there was one on Celebrity for the last 2 years that were 45 minutes of chanting and I wouldn't want to endure that again.

I think its one of the very few downsides of cruising more frequently - if its possible to have a down side that is ;-)

On our Cruise in Sept/Oct last year all the headliners shows were the same as the ones we saw on the Azura Maiden so I don't think they have been changed since then. perhaps there will be new ones being sorted for Britannia - fingers crossed.

I agree with dst87. If you don't like it look somewhere else. In the main destination, cabins, service, amenities etc. are very similar across most of the popular 4 star cruise lines. The areas where they differ is food and entertainment. I appreciate there are a lot of people on the forum who are loyal followers of P&O but perhaps now and again it is worth trying another cruise line. By doing so you will either reinforce your opinion or find out what you have been missing. Food for thought.

I don't book cruises for the entertainment and rarely go to the theatre, so I don't feel I'm missing out there. I have only cruised with P&O but more and more wonder if I should try another cruise company just to compare. I think I might take the plunge after my next couple of cruises.

some shows have been the same for nearly 20 years, they really need to be updated. We have had a few shows that were excellent and yet we have never seen them again. One springs to mind, several years ago the theater company did the Buddy Holly story and it was as good as any west end show ,sadly we have never seen it since. We also saw a shortened versions of Les Mis,and Grease both were excellent but never seen again.

I must admit that I rarely go to the theatre anyway, not only do the shows not show much interest but there isn't a lot of leg room. One show that I went to last year I sat there for the duration and couldn't even stand afterwards… One person accused me of being drunk, which was a little below the belt as I do not drink, but had lost the use of my legs as I was so cramped up. Perhaps this is something that they should consider when building new ships instead of trying to cram people in like sardines.

I don't book cruises for the entertainment and rarely go to the theatre, so I don't feel I'm missing out there. I have only cruised with P&O but more and more wonder if I should try another cruise company just to compare. I think I might take the plunge after my next couple of cruises.

I am always surprised how many people keep on cruising on the same line.  If you haven't tried any others how do you know if you have actually chosen the best one.  I mean the best one for you personally - I'm not sure if there is any way of saying which cruise line is the absolute best.  We have cruised with five different lines, and have settled on two favourites.  There is only one of the five that we would not choose again, and we would not rule out trying more lines if the itinerary and price were right.

I am always surprised how many people keep on cruising on the same line.  If you haven't tried any others how do you know if you have actually chosen the best one.  I mean the best one for you personally - I'm not sure if there is any way of saying which cruise line is the absolute best.  We have cruised with five different lines, and have settled on two favourites.  There is only one of the five that we would not choose again, and we would not rule out trying more lines if the itinerary and price were right.

I probably should have said I haven't been cruising that long. I don't know if I've chosen the best one, which is why I'm thinking of trying others. Like you the itinerary has been my main reason for choosing a cruise up to now. 

some shows have been the same for nearly 20 years, they really need to be updated. We have had a few shows that were excellent and yet we have never seen them again. One springs to mind, several years ago the theater company did the Buddy Holly story and it was as good as any west end show ,sadly we have never seen it since. We also saw a shortened versions of Les Mis,and Grease both were excellent but never seen again.

In my 15/16 years of cruising I've never seen the same show twice on P&O, Cunard or Celebrity. (I've also cruised two or three times a year too.)

cheers

Harvey

Our next cruise on the Adonia has no theatre. There is some form of evening entertainment in the lounge. Will have to take a look.

We tend to enjoy and after diner brandy in one of the bars. 

That's one of the reasons I don't take to small ships - no theatre. I love having a nice dinner with new friends followed by a night in the theatre.

cheers

Harvey

Guest Lulucat

We cruised with P&O and we like it.   We could cruise with another company and be disappointed and then feel that we may have wasted our money.   Some may say we are 'stick in the muds' but P&O offer us good variety of ships and of itineraries.   We have little wish to see a large part of the world, and are more than happy if we can visit one or two new ports each cruise.   I can't say that they are the absolute best, because I have no comparison, but they're good enough for us.

I only really used P & O because of Eavesway being advertised to get down there. At the time, whilst I had heard other lines did have a coach service, they weren't well advertised so I had no way of getting to port and I had no intention of driving all that way. Now that Eavesway are doing more lines then I might consider it if the itinerary was right. I go for the ports, not entertainment etc.

In my 15/16 years of cruising I've never seen the same show twice on P&O, Cunard or Celebrity. (I've also cruised two or three times a year too.)

cheers

Harvey

Lucky you.We first saw the 'Queen' show in 1997 and it has been repeated almost every cruise since.songs of Lerner and Loewe ,Elton John, Abba, and the 50's music with the story of the 3 couples (sorry can't remember it's name) all of which we have seen over 5 times each. Even the choreography and costumes are the same. We did not see any theater company shows at all on our last cruise as we had sen every one before.