We chose the Adonia for the smaller ports she is visiting and going through the Kiel Canal.

We prefer the Aurora to the Azura size wise and have been in rough seas on both.  :wacko: I think it gets better each time you travel and the pills do help when needed.

I'm trying to find a write up on the ship but no luck if anyone can point me in the right direction. Pictures of cabin and ship, maybe a cruise review.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rikki,

We have booked the Adonia, 21st Jan 2015. Like you we booked because of the ports. We have sailed on the Oceana, Ventura and Azura, so I think we will notice a difference, but we are looking forward to the cruise as I have only read good reviews.

I think the biggest difference will possibly be that there will not be the mix of age groups that are on the other ships, but I think it will be more relaxing on a smaller ship and also the fact that there are only 700ish passengers will make for a nice atmosphere.

#

Molly

Hi  As one of  'R' class ships built for Renaissance cruise line it is in my opinion is about the right size for a cruise ship for those passengers who enjoy traditional cruising rather than those looking for a theme park/Butlins on the sea.  If you prefer 24/7 entertainment this ship isn't for you.  Those, who like a small friendly ship it will tick all the right boxes.  The other sister ships are now sailing on many different cruises lines.  Those sailing under the Azamara banner are a couple of the favourite ships it's only a pity that P&O decided to cut back on the dining experience and service or there would have been a "British  style" cruise ship competing in the upper premimum bracket.                         

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on Adonia for a month in Feb 2015 - never tried her before but we wanted to go to the Caribbean and didn't really like Ventura (so guess Azura would be similar). Don't get me wrong - I'm sure Ventura is great for families and younger travellers, but we are past holidying with the children, so prefer not to travel with lots of other people's children. I KNOW, some are very well-behaved and a pleasure to be around, but unfortunately some are not, so we try to avoid the ships aimed at families.

Back to Adonia - really looking forward to the Caribbean again as we have not been for a while and it will be interesting to see if we like the smaller ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rikki, on 09 Mar 2014 - 6:55 PM, said:Rikki, on 09 Mar 2014 - 6:55 PM, said:

I'm trying to find a write up on the ship but no luck if anyone can point me in the right direction. Pictures of cabin and ship, maybe a cruise review.

Here is one I found Rikki which also has pictures. There are also a couple of other Adonia reviews on this particular site. Hope it helps.  http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/Reviews/index.cfm?v=Cruise_Adonia~p3913r3922pt3pst20&fuseaction=pubReviews.dspProductReview

Glad to hear she is a nice ship just booked our first Adonia cruise next March. Have already sailed on Oceana, Aurora, Azura, Arcadia and Oriana, and loved them all apart from Oriana and it's constant corkscrew rolling motion even in calm seas. Let's hope Adonia lives up to the many good comments I'm reading

Just booked a 17day cruise on Adonia for November, it will be our 4th cruise but the first on Adonia, saw her in Oct 2012 in Gibraltar when we were on Azura and pulled up and moored alongside her. Wanted to get onboard ever since but haven't found a cruise that tied in with dates we could go on.so looks like our longest cruise on the ship we most wanted to get on , bring it on can not wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Great information, we are booked for a Christmas / New Year cruise and we are really looking forward to the small ship experience. Our last cruise with P&O was on Arcadia and it was very disappointing as it was a bit like a BIG adult only resort with lots of people squabbling over tables in the lounge and buffet area, we were reluctant to book again with P&O but someone suggested Adonia and said it is totally different from the other P&O ships with a more "country house hotel" feel.

• 3 weeks later...