Hi everyone

I'm off to the Caribbean on P & 0 Azura next month. Hoping to find free wifi to FaceTime our new granddaughter. Anyone know any bars/cafés I can use. We are visiting Grenada Bonaire Curaçao Tortola st Kitts Dominica st Lucia.

Hi  Simple, just follow the crew members carrying their laptops and tables, they know all these free sites

Good advice LA. 

The free WiFi places are easy to spot - loads of crew hanging around.

cheers

Harvey

I have just returned from a Caribbean cruise on Azura. The advise about following the crew to Wifi hot spots is true. I just could not believe the charges P&O wanted for an on board connection. Any decent hotel these days gives it free! As P&O are already using Wifi for there own links I feel at least so many minutes should granted to us highly valued customers.

Rather than giving those stupid slippers they should give free wifi instead as part of your loyalty package.

As regards the silly pins, I did prefer getting the gift aswell. Not that it has anything to do with wifi but just in case P & O read these messages….   ;)

Guest shilly3191

I have just returned from a Caribbean cruise on Azura. The advise about following the crew to Wifi hot spots is true. I just could not believe the charges P&O wanted for an on board connection. Any decent hotel these days gives it free! As P&O are already using Wifi for there own links I feel at least so many minutes should granted to us highly valued customers.

You cannot compare the two because most hotels like households do not use satellite for wi-fi which is very expensive.

There is free wifi in the Terminal in Barbados which is quite good. I have also used Starbucks in the Modern Shopping area just by the dock in Curacao. Also a small Bar near the ship in Tortola ( sorry can't remember the name).

Hope this helps, have a good cruise.

Mike

In all cruise lines defence you cannot reasonably compare land wifi (fixed geothingy satellites and cables) with ship based systems. Expensive on a ship yes, but there is not enough bandwidth to do Skype, facetime or watch live streaming anyway: it is very slow and is a different system.

Free wifi is widely available all over the Caribbean, just buy a Red Stripe and relax.

RayO