What Is The Best Thing About Cruising?

I am trying to start the ball rolling for positivity here, we all have things we moan about with cruising, but why do we cruise, what causes as to go back time and time again, in some cases on the same itinary on the same ship. Why?

I will start it off I love that there is no stress, you feel safe you know you will get looked after, and see some great places, its also only a 3 hour drive for me to go on holiday.

I love it for the food, the relaxation, the ease of everything but most of all, I don't think there's anything more relaxing than sitting on a balcony during a sea day or late at night.  The sound of the sea is so nice, I'd take it every day of the week over a land based holiday.

me too sammy sun. land based holiday just dont compare now!

Hi  I Iike relaxing, coupled with good food (hence the reason I don't sail very often with any ship in the various Carnival Corp Fleets with the exception of their small vessels) and visitng some interesting places albeit for a short time.   Cruising ticks most of the right boxes but I do have land based hoildays as well.  As they say "a change is as as good as a rest" 

For me service.  From the start of the booking (With Bolsover of course) to embarkation, on board regradless of what you have paid I have always found the service excellent.

Then it has got to be choice, choice of food, choice of entertainment, choice of desitnations, choice of what you want to do on your cruise.

Their is many more things you can list but as you may guess I am converted to cruising.

Mine starts the minute I lock the front door and leave home  :)

I like your style TPP.

I don't fully relax until I'm parked outside the terminal at Southampton. (I'm only an hour's drive away and although not stressed or worried I'm just not in a fully relaxed mode until arrival inside Southampton docks.)

cheers

Harvey

Hi  I Iike relaxing, coupled with good food (hence the reason I don't sail very often with any ship in the various Carnival Corp Fleets with the exception of their small vessels) and visitng some interesting places albeit for a short time.   Cruising ticks most of the right boxes but I do have land based hoildays as well.  As they say "a change is as as good as a rest" 

Good evening Land Ahoy

We all know by now that you don't like P&O, Cunard, etc. - you tell us in almost every post you make.   Be happy and tell us about the cruise lines you DO like. Give us a 'smile'.  :D Cruising is FUN. :)  Life's too short to be negative all the time.

cheers

Harvey

Success I think the forum may have set up the first positive chain for cruising well done everyone.

cruising isn't so doom and gloom afterall ^_^  unlike another very well known forum

So don't read them then if they're depressing you.

I love cruising for the diversity of places visited and people I have met.

Both onboard and ashore.

2 days never the same.

Good evening Land Ahoy

We all know by now that you don't like P&O, Cunard, etc. - you tell us in almost every post you make.   Be happy and tell us about the cruise lines you DO like. Give us a 'smile'.  :D Cruising is FUN. :)  Life's too short to be negative all the time.

cheers

Harvey

Hi  Harvey

I do not dislike Cunard, IMO it's just over-rated for the majority of passengers sailing on this line (Britannia Class) it's just a standard product.  Although many loyal Cunarders will be up in arms I have always found Princess Cruises a "better all round product" for a similar price.  Celebrity was a great product but cost cutting over the years and a change in direction as resulted in a decline in the product I am looking for.  Orginally Celebrity offered very good dining and service but paid little attention to entertainment, it's now decided passengers require 24/7 activities and with this as come in a fall in the dining and personal levels of service.   I accept many do require better evening and daytime activities but "traditionists" (possibly dinosaurs like myself) prefer a different cruise experience.  The cruise lines I like are Crystal (good food and service and stimulating eductaiional courses, Silver Sea and Seabourn (exceptional levels of service coupled with fine dining although the food serviced by Silver Sea is not as good as it once was), Azamara again good food and service and IMO the best value in cruising today and finally Swan Hellenic (although I have only cruised once with the comapny) they offer a true educational element which does not include the best places to shop!   In summary all the cruise lines I rate highly all offer good levels of food and service, limited entertainment, (more money spent on the areas I find important) no glitz and certainly no gimmicks.

No flying!  Different places most days.  Wish we had done this cruising thing many years ago, we only started in 2007 but were hooked after only 24hrs on Oceana.  Still do land holidays , Canaries etc, but need to get out and about every day.  We feel there is more to do  on a cruise ship  than in many small towns.  There is certainly more and better entertainment on the ships than in any 4/5 star hotel in most resorts.