• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the Med, Venice and Valetta - great places with wonderful sail-ins

Around the world, without a doubt it has to be Sydney harbour, the absolute tops, closely followed by New York and Hong Kong

Other great ports we have loved were Buenos Aries and Ushuia in Argentina which unfortunately we can't go to now due to the Falklands dispute with Argentina!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi  Too many to mention - I enjoyed Kotor, Venice, Virgin Gorda and many of those mentioned in this section, with the exception of Honolulu, I didn't know what to expect (Paradise of Earth) but it had been destroyed in the name of progress, it was a concrete jungle, although a visit to Pearl Harbour was an emotionally fuelled excursion but I would advise everybody to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lulucat

For me it has to be Antigua - but only for the reason that it was the first place in the Caribbean that I set foot on - and the island moved all day :D   We did the trip to Shirley Heights and the views are phenomenal.   I like so many places though, and we have had so many fabulous experiences that it is very hard to choose.

Guest Solent Richard

Barcelona is absolutely stunning. Although it is so tough to just pick one outright favourite!

Does anyone else have a favourite? And why?

If there were categories then for Cities it would New York closely followed by Sydney.

7581565456_510836e5b0_z.jpg

Islands then Tortola followed by Grenada.

Historical Interest then Aqaba (for Petra) followed by Civitavecchia (for Rome)

And finally, just to immerse oneself in a foreign culture you can't beat Istanbul...

9391823865_5137c3125f_z.jpg